Tuesday, October 21, 2008

onto the next goal, trying a tri...

Guess what? I'm a mere one to two weeks away from being able to run again, hopefully, I go back to the Dr. again on Friday. I'm hoping to get some orthodics and a new training plan, because if I don't have someone tell me how hard and fast NOT to go... I will pick up where I left off and most likely end up injured again.

Luckily, I have some help to reign me in for now to give me other options for running until I'm ready to start training for my Jan/Feb marathon. Katie informed me one night a few weeks ago during training that she is signing all of us up for a triathlon. So that settles it, I'm back in the saddle, gearing up toward another goal. I've never done a triathlon before, but this is just a baby triathlon, at our local Y in December. It will be a 10 lap swim, six mile bike, and a two mile run. Sounds do-able and really fun!

This is one of the reasons I picked up lap swimming, and working on my bike skilz. I decided to try a spin class, to help me improve on the bike, it was my first spin class and wow it totally kicked my butt. If you've never done one, and are a runner, I would highly suggest it as a cross-train option. It was like an hour of speed work without the impact, and with a group of people, and a teacher, and inside, and with bikes... but other than that, exactly like speed work.


No comments: