SIDE NOTE: We were successful on the dress hunt! And we even picked the bridesmaids dresses, all of which are stunning, my sister has impeccable taste. I can't wait for this wedding, she is the most deserving person of all the happiness coming her way!
- This was the first year for this race, it was a 'zero hour' race, the point was for everyone racing to eventually 'catch don.' Don is a 72-year-old super active runner, the objective was to catch him!
- The way it worked was that the clock started at 15:00, and every few minutes a new group would run, my group, women 20-something - 30-something started at the 2:00 mark. Women in their 60's started at the 9:00 mark. Don started around the 7:00 mark.
- I started the race with Kristen the Running Lawyer and Emily the Running Lawyer, it was super hot and sticky humid already at 7:45a when our group got to start.
- I struggled the entire race, I was hot and slow and just sweating beyond belief. It was like sucking soup, not air. I hung in there and had given myself the time limit of 27:00, which I stayed within, barely. My legs were burning the entire time and I felt like I didn't have the "GO" factor. I was also really thirsty. I think I was a bit fatigued on top of it, the wine the night before probably didn't help much..... but eh...
- I DID beat Don! My total time was 26:45 (my personal third best 5K time) and Don's time was 30:12. Mission accomplished. Considering my running the past two months, I was happy with my time.
- The race results are hard to read with the zero hour thing considered, but I'm pretty sure I didn't place in my age group, according to zero hour results (time on the clock when I finished which was 24:45, I was 44th overall, there were about 100 people at the race I would guess) but I'm not going to take the time to go through all the times listed to figure it out.
- Overall, this race was a lot of fun, just because I sucked that day, doesn't mean the race sucked! It was a cool concept, something different and super small. I am sure I would do this race again. I feel like I'm rating this, should I give it some stars (or running shoes)? If so, I give it 5 out of 5 running shoes, because it was so unique!
*with two of my favorite running buds after the race, i just love these girls! can you tell how hot it was?! gross hot. btw i LOVVEE this running outfit i'm wearing, i just put it together really quickly the night before, but seeing it in pictures, i have a new fave (thanks to my mom and sister who got it for me!)*