I skipped doing this last month and am now desperate for some new tunes. I need to beef up my long running playlist. My picks this month are a little random, they are songs I've just picked up along the way and am currently enjoying. On those long runs all I need is variety, so random is perfect. Right now I'm working on packing my marathon list full of great stuff. Feel free to share your current favorites.
In no particular order:
- High and Dry -Radiohead
- Blinded by the Light - Manfred (yep, there's my no shame song of the month)
- Single Ladies - Beyonce
- Eye of the Tiger - Survivor (this is my shout out to Julie and my mad RockBand skillz)
- Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
- Flume - Bon Iver
- Wanna Be - Pussy Cat Dolls
- Dead and Gone - T.I. and J.T.
- Comes and Goes (In Waves) - Greg Laswell
- Boom - Flight of the Conchords (and for good measure and a little entertainment, I give you their music video, it gave me too much enjoyment not to share)
My "I Just Don't Wanna" Pick (the song I hit when I need major motivation):
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf (this get's played the last mile or more of my long runs)
Here are links to the past two versions:
And Travis I know you aren't a runner, but I have a feeling you could suggest some excellent songs seeing how your blog is mus-tacular. Waiting sweetheart.... just waiting....