I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for commenting such encouraging things to me. Sometimes this blog frustrates me for many reasons, but since the marathon, it has been a total source of encouragement, serving to uplift me each and every day. Thanks Interwebs, you have no idea how much your encouragement has lifted my spirits the past few days.
I'm still working on photos (i am a photoshopper so i go through all my photos before posting, nothing but the best for you guys) and just wanted to say hang on, they are coming and will be well worth it! Promise.
I am also excited to announce that Ed is doing the Bike Across Kansas (BAK) in one short month. The event starts at the Colorado border and ends in Kansas City, and lasts for eight days. I am so excited for him and eager for him to get to achieve one of his big goals this year as well. I'm putting all my measly little races on the back burner and trying to help Ed focus on healthy eating and encouraging him during his cycle training right now.
I'm even going to try and get out there and ride with him a few times during his training, but with my little hybrid Schwinn I won't be able to keep up for long. I am just happy I get to return the favor to him of being supportive during training for a huge event. I'll be posting on this more, even though Ed has a blog, he isn't big at tooting his own horn or writing about some of his physical pursuits... instead I get to do it for him!
Run to the Finish suggested I might also have a case of the post-marathon blues. She is probably right. But I've been much better the past two days and think I've come out on top after being in the dumps. I'm taking her cue and am going to post what I am thankful for (thanks for the idea Run to Finish!)
Fair Weather Runner's Joyery:
- I am thankful for such an amazing support system on this blog
- I am thankful and stunned that my 'followers' have all of the sudden taken a jump in the past few days, WELCOME, I'm so honored you are interested in my little life!!
- I am thankful for a patient, loving, understanding and amazing husband, I could devote an entire post to how awesome Ed is, maybe I will
- I am thankful that my PT told me this morning I can start running again next week
- I am thankful for the opportunity to cheer on and support all my girlfriends at the RiverRun 10K tomorrow
- I am thankful for my job and that WSU has asked me to continue teaching this summer and fall
- I am thankful for all of my amazing friends, especially Kristen the Running Lawyer and my cousin Rachel who have been super supportive listeners during my post-marathon blues stint
- I am thankful for the chance to run a half marathon on trails in June
- I am thankful for my health, and instead of worrying about impending health issues, I'm choosing to focus on the perfect health I currently have, life is too short
- I am thankful for being 30 and this amazing year I have had so far, and all the exciting things still to come.
Like I said I aim for honesty on my blog, and like many commented, sometimes you just have to get it out there. It clearly helped because the next day after posting the poopery, my mood has improved. So thank you. I promise this weekend it will be picture-palooza! And I'm working on a new masthead! Fun to come.
Last but not least, good luck to all the racers this weekend. My friend Indika is coming from Kansas City today to run her FIRST EVER 10K tomorrow at the River Run along with Kristen the Running Lawyer and many of my blahg-free running buddies. I know Oz Runner is doing the 10K tomorrow as well, after having a root canal yesterday, that is tough on a stick my friends! GOOD LUCK everyone!!