Tuesday, May 19, 2009

what's your song: version 1.3...

I originally wanted to do these every month, but have been a total slacker. However, since I finally whipped my iPod out again (first time since the marathon) to use during some speed work on Sunday, it inspired me to list the last 10 songs I had on my marathon playlist.

Feel free to comment with your favorite songs, especially good summer running songs, since it's time to gear up my iPod for some sunny summer runnin', I'm always looking for new amazing tunes!

The last 10 songs on my marathon playlist, enjoy:
  1. Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew
  2. Quiet Dog - Mos Def
  3. Numb/Encore - Linkin Park & Jay-Z
  4. Let It Fade - Jeremy Camp
  5. The Final Countdown - Europe (oh heck yeah, no shame my friends)
  6. Stronger - Kanye
  7. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
  8. Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
  9. Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne
  10. I Will Rise - Chris Tomlin
And yes, I still promise picture palooza is coming. Along with posts about how I'm working on speed this summer, specifically for 10Ks. It's something I'm working on with Runners Lounge. I know, I know, you think these are empty promises, however, I will deliver... and once I do... well it's always worth it! Usually. Well at least half the time. Okay most always a quarter of the time.


5 comments:

The Gibsons said...

ohhhhhh! i love 'grace like rain'!!! you have some GOOD ones on there!!!

last 10 songs on my marathon playlist:


1. sexy can i-ray j
2. so what-pink
3. supermassive black hole-muse
4. shake it-metro station
5. how far we've come-rob thomas
6. 4 minutes-madonna
7. when you were young-the killers
8. all these things that i've done-the killers
9. just let go- frou frou
10. spotlight-mute math

i think i need new music. hmph.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

1. Stronger - Kayne
2. Human - The Killers
3. So What - Pink
4. Smile - Vitamin C
5. Beautiful Day - U2
6. Today - Smashing Pumpkins
7. Poker Face - Lady Gaga
8. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
9. Flathead - The Fratellis
10. Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs

love seeing everyone else's songs! :)

californiameaghan said...

sometimes audiobooks are a good way to stop thinking about running and think about something else... it has to be a pretty good story though!

Melanie Tait said...

What a great post! I love music talk!

Lately I've been running with audiobooks as I find differing beats too difficult! Still, when I do listen to music, my fav fav fav is Firestarter by The Prodigy.

The Quest For 1:35:00 said...

I think Kanye Stronger is likely to be a big one on everyone's list. I also enjoy Nas-Hate me now and Maroon 5-Wake up call.