Tuesday, May 19, 2009

best part of my day...

I may be Milton. But I fought for some rights and got them!



Welcome to my new office. Please note window in close proximity to me! YAY! Please note stapler and cool, solid wood old school desk... no gross old 90s cube style for me, no facing taupe wall (you can't see it in photo). I'm satisfied. New office mate starts tomorrow (yes it's a complicated situation, but this person used to work here and is now coming back).

I have stood my ground. I even claimed a bookshelf you can't see in the picture, off to the immediate right of my desk. It is an official nerd factory on my side of the office. I still have some wall filling to do, but in due time. I'm a minimalist at work, what you see is actually my desk looking a bit messy. Yeah, I'm not a pack rat. I like a tidy camp. But I think I'm settled.... Pandora playing Andrew Bird station, check, runner and dog photos up, CHECK! Eco friendly water bottles and coffee mugs, pretty file holders, check, check.

Rock it out Nerd Corps! 1000011100001101 0 010111010 100 1010101010110 100011! All proper nerds communicate in binary code.


13 comments:

Indi said...

Look at you sitting pretty at work!! yey for the window Iwish i had one) and for the cool wall color:-) Way to stake your claim!!

Rookie on the Run said...

You are too cute!! Your little cubical doesn't look all that bad. But then, maybe it's just the stapler that brightens the place up. :D

Marlene said...

Go Nerd! Sounds like a nice set-up.

californiameaghan said...

im listening to my "teenage pop" pandora station and loving it. so i maybe get to go out on the town with you in a couple days? heres me really really excited. should we bring the boys too? weve never gotten to meet ed...

Anonymous said...

I see you are as productive at work as I am (facebook)!

Love the pic by the way- totally a face I would make!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

LOVE the blue wall. You look stinkin adorable in this photo.. I too am a minimalist at work and listen to Pandora. Hmmmmm..

Happy Wednesday!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

You are soo cute!! BQ is a HOPE WISH DREAM and if I do it I know you will be more pumped than jealous....well maybe?? LOL

I had a stomach ache when I ate a sport jelly on the run and now I am nervous to do it again. If I do those it will be 30 prior to take off.

My FREE belt has not come yet. I guess FREE means that it comes on the SLOW train.. Hopefully it comes before Saturday, I want to test it out on a LONG run..

Off to YUCK MEETINGS, seriously ALL DAY.. How is is it possible to get any WORK done? Sheesh...

X-Country2 said...

Oooh, I love the blue walls! Way better than my crappy cube. :o(

J said...

is that an orange stapler?? I love all things orange! Very cute! Love the new office, that is awesome you have a window!

Melanie Tait said...

Lovely office! Your desk is sooooo tidy. My desk DREAMS of looking like that :)

Unknown said...

That doesnt even mean anything!! Im very dissapointed Nerd Corps Co-founder!!

01100010 01100101 01110010 01100110

Felice Devine said...

Way to go! Office looks nice. So does the stapler :-)

Irish Cream said...

Hahaha, you are so cute! And hey, no matter what happens, at least you still have your stapler! Don't let that baby go!