Thursday, October 1, 2009

shoes.

This week has been nuts. Hopefully I'll be able to sit down and post about it. But work has been crazy and either I've been sick this week and when not sick, swamped (coughahem watching new fall tv). I do want to throw out there that I received two more boxes of shoes. One box from RunnerMark in Topeka and another from Erin in California. You guys are fabulous, THANKS.

Also on the shoe front. The radio station and I are still working on a good concept for raising the shoes. It's down to either doing it with a local shoe store or hosting it at the Turkey Trot in November. We have some work ahead of us to get it figured out. Either way, all the shoes will now officially be shipped December 1. I know, the date keeps changing, but I want the opportunity to send as many as possible. So yes, you can still send shoes (or give me your when the entire blahgespehere and myself are in chicago in a few weeks). Either way, shoot me an email at fairweatherrunner@gmail.com.

I hope to post some pictures this weekend, which is also turning really busy. But I HOPE. Picturepalooza will have to wait until this weekend too.

Last reminder, you can enter my marathon kit contest tonight, and after that no mas! Because tomorrow afternoon I pick the winner. Who's excited kids. Happy Thursday.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you're doing a great job on the shoes

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Just pick me tonight and save the trouble :) I could come up with a 3rd Haiku....huh huh??

SWEET work on the shoes sister... Hmm do you need kids shoes?? I could send some mini sneakers your direction...might cost less for shipping.. HEHEHE

Best Part of my Day, finding a toy car tire in my purse....it was a reminder of my kiddos at 6am on my way to work.. Made me smile..

Anonymous said...

I am excited- I posted my Haiku's on my page :)

Best part of my day: hasn't happened yet- but it will be when I finish my paper!

Native Stone Company, Inc. said...

I have some shoes to add to the collection! Let me know the info. and I'll get them to you asap.:)

Irish Cream said...

EEK! Chicago!! YAY!!! Can't wait :)

And also, I think you should be president of the world or something. You have done SUCH an amazing job with the shoe drive. It is seriously just awesome.

Hope things ease up for you at work soon!

Marlene said...

Hey Girl. I hear ya on fall TV. I'm behind already (but LOVING all my shows).

Just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments & support leading up to and after my marathon. You = AWESOME.

Felice Devine said...

Great job w/the shoes.
I just donated a few pairs at a local race or I would send some off to you!

Mark said...

holy shiaaat...my faith in the USPS has been somewhat restored! Hope everything made it intact.

X-Country2 said...

Everyone really will be at Chicago, won't they? Have fun!