Thursday, January 28, 2010

13 weeks to half 'm' day.

Oh my. First, I haven't been ignoring you interweb. I've spent most of my week skiing in Winter Park, more on that another time. For now, I came back and have 80,000 blogs to read and catch up on, and my very own posting to do. So here you go, it's going to be to the point, so unlike me. Because I'm, of course, at work, and since it's my first day back, I'm quite popular (meaning people got a lot of shiz done while i was gone and now it's my turn to take over).

This is very late, this post is about LAST week's training. To sum, I only ran twice, my short easy run and my long run. Both done indoors because I'm scared to run alone in the dark in the morning. After work? Not so much. I just find mornings creepy, orrr maybe it's that I'm one of the grumpiest, non-morning people you will ever meet. Whatever the case, basically I'm just a big wimp.

Despite all of that, I got up around 4:30a Friday morning for my long run and did 10 miles at the Y. FUN and I felt fine the whole time, no complaints at all. I had no choice on getting up to do that run Friday morning. There was no other time I could cram it in, and I have a feeling 10 miles on the second day at altitude would not have gone well after a full day of skiing. Other than those two runs, I think I maybe did some yoga, I can't even remember last week! My life has been just ridiculous lately. Needless to say, for as wonderful as my workout week was last time around, last week was the antithesis. But meh, you do what you have to do.

So there you go. Still semi on schedule, hoping all my skiing made up for my lack of working out so far THIS week, and plan on cramming in all my runs in the next four days, including one underground cave race on Sunday with some other blahggies, the Groundhog 10K. I have a feeling I won't have a good showing, but what can you do? My legs are SHOT from skiing, and it was totally worth it.

Next up? All about Winter Park!

18 comments:

Anna Banana said...

can't wait to hear about winter park and meet you on Sunday!

Marlene said...

I hear you on mornings... I think it;s because there is NOBODY around. Creeeepy. Big kudos for waking up so ridiculously early and busting out a long run on the treadmill.

I MISS YOU! Don't leave us for so long...

J said...

10 miles on treadmill! You are better than me! I can barely get through 3-4!

Anonymous said...

Wow 10 on a treadmill- way to go!!!

Skiing sounds like fun; I used to go all the time and I miss it!

Mike said...

Welcome back!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

The race is this Sunday?? I have zero clue when Groundhogs day is?? Welcome back, glad you had fun. I have never been skiing..

teacherwoman said...

Looking forward to hearing about Winter Park. And way to go on getting 10 miles in on the treadmill. Crazy!

Valerie said...

You girls have fun at the Groundhog run. Ashley tried to get me to bandit with her, but I can't. Is OKC really only 13 weeks away?! That means my STL half is only 11 weeks away....wonder when I should start training?! Eek!

Indi said...

Is gonna be a fun race...even though I'll only see you guys at the start and when I finish behind everyone :)
10miles...inside!!! I barely got 5 done a few weeks ago. Nice job and see ya in two days.

Anonymous said...

13 weeks, how exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss skiing. I haven't been in many years...kids does that to you. We just went to the snow in NM, but just for play, no skiing. 10 miles on a treadmill is truly amazing!

Unknown said...

skiing counts as cross training, right?

Anonymous said...

Skiing is a great workout! Nice job getting the 10 done too. Hope you have a great weekend.

X-Country2 said...

Skiing is on my list of things I MUST do in the next couple years. Color me jealous.

Ashley said...

Hope I get to see pics of your trip this weekend.

If you feel any better, I'm gonna suck b@lls at Groundhog...and I'm actually GLAD I won't be chipped and there's not Garmin reception in the caves....cuz I don't even want to know what my time will be....I'm expecting a PW.

On the upside, none of that will matter cuz spending a weekend with my running girls will more than make up for it!! Have a safe drive up tomorrow & I'll see you at mi casa! :)

Lindsay said...

i think skiing definitely counts as cardio/mileage! nice job on the treadmill 10!

Lacy said...

don't be afraid...it's just me out there running in the dark morning!!

Christina said...

This product has been a HUGE HIT for marathon runners-thought I'd share!

http://www.youtube.com/nurichegoodness#p/u/15/OSuplzv56Ys

www.NuricheWell.com

I'd love to get your thoughts!