Monday, December 19, 2011

christmas sparkles. and kirstie alley. then more sparkles. with jonathan knight.

Last week I mentioned I was excited to get home and go for a dark evening run with my dog Milo. And that I did. Actually I did that four nights last week and then again this weekend. I'm on a ROLL people. The point is... SPARKLY! On each of my evening runs last week I would randomly stop to take pictures of the houses I found had the prettiest and/or tackiest lights in my neighborhood.

Topping that list includes Kirstie Alley's house. This is likely a little known fact, but Kirstie Alley is a native to Wichita  She has a house in my neighborhood and she is almost always around town for holidays. Random tidbit complete, but it's important to this post.

Some Christmases Kirstie decks her house out, along with the property next to hers (which she also owns, which are both coincidentally next to the church of scientology). Rumor has it the display on the property next to her home is from a movie set, it's an entire Christmas scene that takes up the whole yard. It's festive. It's tacky. And it just screams awesome. Pretty much I love it.

You know what else is awesome? Wait for it, because your mind is going to be blown. Jonathan Knight is home with her. Yeah, in Wichita. He is staying with her. INTERWEBS! Jonathon Knight is is sleeping and hanging out a mere few blocks from my house. SQQUUUUUUUEEEEEE!!!!! I mean.... there's a.... what.... because.... oh my. HOLY SHIZ BALLS!

I need to whip out my 90's acid-wash jean jacket and find a denim mini skirt (wait, do they still make denim mini skirts? because, gross) covered in NKOTB buttons and run past her house over and over and over and over.... deep breath. And over again. Until.... that's right. Until. I. See. Him.


Moving on, I didn't snap a picture of Kirstie's actual house, it has the standard fare of garlands, wreaths and twinkly white lights. All very pretty. But I did snap the Christmas scene. All while Milo pooped in front of Kirstie's house. Thank you Milo. I love running with a bag full of dog poo! 
 *here you go, yes i took it with my crappy old iPhone so it isn't a great picture, but just realize this set up takes up an entire front yard.*


I still have some work to do to make it through all the streets this week on my self-guided neighborhood Christmas lights tour. Until I do, these are the houses I've liked best so far. Again, taken with my crappy old iPhone.





*this one comes complete with christmas music blaring from the lawn, so then that was a good time* 


Happy Wednesday, YA'LLs. Here's to a good Christmas joy filled week. I plan to run, yoga, snuggle my niece, go to my niece's 1st birthday party, spend time with my family, knit in front of the fire and of course pretend to work. And maybe do some stalking... difficult to say.

8 comments:

Mark said...

Woohoo!! Fat actress and sparkles! It is great running around a bunch of Christmas lights. I do love that. But, uh, who the hell is Jonathan Knight?

Marlene said...

Oooooh pretty! I am loving the lights. If only it would stop raining... that just does not scream 'festive' to me!

J said...

I love running in the evening and getting to see all the lights. In the mornings usually most people have their lights off so I have been trying to run in the evenings every once in a while so I can actually see everyone decorations! That is pretty cool that Kristie Alley lives near you!

Indi said...

Pretttyyyyyyy :)

Mark said...

As sad as it is, I did a report on her in grade school as a "famous Kansan"...

RunToTheFinish said...

now that is what i miss about running in KC in the winter. there are lights here, but it's not quite the same with them being on palm trees

merry christmas!

Lindsay said...

i love christmas lights! the more the merrier :)

i hope you run into jonathan somewhere!

Anonymous said...

http://technologiesuae.com/#5193 xanax withdrawal long does take - xanax 555