Wednesday, January 21, 2009

farewell my delicious beef and assorted cheeses....

Despite my better judgment I have decided to go on a cleanse this week. I started Monday, I've never done one so I figured it was worth a shot. My sister just finished one and she said it made her feel amazing, and in our family, we NEVER exaggerate. I was finally convinced to try one after hearing it could help my running and my sleeping habits, both have been suffering. Plus I'm competitive, so if my sister can do it, of course I'm going to do it and clearly try to one-up her.

This is what I have eliminated from my diet for at least this week, I'm going to shoot for two weeks, but don't want to fail, so for now I'm saying a week:
Sugar
Salt (except kosher/sea)

Gluten
Dairy
Red Meat
Alcohol
Carbonation
Caffeine

Today marks day three of my version of a cleanse and I already so desperately miss amazing beef, assorted cheeses and my favorite, highly refined sugar. And wine and beer. And bread. All delightful and staples in my weekly diet. I am not going totally off coffee, instead I have a small mug in the morning before work (because the headaches would be unbearable if I didn't) and take hot Green Tea with me to work instead.

In fact I'm actually starting to like the tea habit, it just seems so pure and cleansing compared to the evil black sludge (i.e. coffee). I never thought those words would leave my fingers, I am a self proclaimed coffee addict. Really for me I think it's more about having a hot drink in the morning than the coffee itself. I might actually stick to the tea after this is over.

If I end up passed out on my living room floor amid a clutter of beef, bbq, cheese and sugary goodness I will never admit it. So I'm forcing Ed to promise he will keep me honest and post on my blog if I have failed. That alone is enough to make me not want to give into the cravings for all things delicious, yet untouchable...

3 comments:

Oz Runner said...

Good luck on your cleanse....I've never done one, so I'm interested to see what you think...giving up salt and sugar would be tough for me....

IzzyBubbles said...

If that happens, I demand that Ed also take pictures and post them on the web...

running man said...

I've totally given up things for a cleanse before and it'll turn out great I promise!! When I lost all my weight I didn't and still haven't eaten any french fries or really any fried foods of any kind and no sweets at all. I also did several juice fasts and other cleansing things and they are great in moderation!!! Just remember moderation and you'll feel great.