Monday, May 4, 2009

best part of my day...

Seeing that my uber-healthy after lunch snack of sour skittles is an "excellent source of vitamin c." I am chomping guilt free, and don't you worry, I got the BIG bag.

Still waiting on marathon pictures, but I'll probably start posting pictures from the entire OKC weekend tomorrow anyway. You are on the edge of your seat... don't lie.

There also may be a possibility that this day will rock because this evening I am:
A) Starting my seedlings for an enormous summer garden
2) Putting the finishing touches on the Munich and London legs of our upcoming fall vacation
C) I am no longer in marathon training.... hello dirty martini and vats-o-cheese, I've missed you
4) I am going to my favorite killer spin class for the first time in two months, finally.... seriously happy this marathon thing is over (oh but don't you worry, it only took four days for me to decide when and where my next one is, yep kids, i decided to do another one, this first shot was just too brutal)

14 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

LOVE the skittles and martini, you are my kind of girl.

Can't wait to hear more about your future races and VACATION!!

Have a great day!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Oooo! Enjoy the skittles, you deserve 'em! Looking forward to hearing about the next marathon and your trip!

Marlene said...

Glad to hear you've already decided on another. That's a good sign! (I felt the same way... it can't be worse than the first one! haha)

Enjoy Spin! And cheese! And martinis!

thequestfor135 said...

Good for you. Ideally, I want to run two marathons. One BQ, and the second would be Boston. Most likely will require a few BQs. Good luck.

T-Bone said...

that's so awesome that you are going to Munich. I just got back from there last week (insert shameless plug for my blog here). I loved it...so much fun.

Anonymous said...

So the big question is...where is the next marathon??

Ps- Skittles are one of my favorites :) It's never a bad time for them!

J said...

I love skittles! They are soo yummy!

I was just thinking about what I wanted to plant this summer for a veggie garden!

teacherwoman said...

Mmmm. Me love me some skittles!

The Gibsons said...

haha, i love that i know where your next one may, in fact, be....even if it's not with me in the windy midwest (i don't blame you...U2 is a pop culture icon and deserves FULL attention....not to mention avoiding wind at all costs)...but just beware that starting in a short month or so my constant complaining about training will thus begin while you're still revelling in your dirty martinis and skittles! aaahaha, way to catch the marathon bug...soooooo excited to keep this up with you! :)

RunToTheFinish said...

skittles very nice indeed

Munich is awesome!! we had a great time there and luckily were there for Oktoberfest (though I'm not a beer drinker) it was an amazing experience

californiameaghan said...

besides the whole paying money to run 26 miles thing i think we were separated at birth. do you think we could eat sour skittles AND drink dirty martinis when i am in wichita?

Rookie on the Run said...

I ate a bunch of Peanut M&Ms today because I "needed" the protein. I got lots of protein.

Enjoy this time of freedom from marathon training!

Can't wait to hear about the next marathon!

Ashley said...

When & where's the next one??!! That's exciting news!

Ace said...

Sour Skittles ftw! I used them as recovery food!