- I PR'd, 24:38 (not positive on this time, didn't use my garmin and didn't catch the exact time at finish because i was in raging stomach pain), this is a PR of almost TWO MINUTES
- I got first place in my age group of 30 - 39
- It was raining, not light delicate misty rain, full on stinging my eyes totally drenched wringing water out of my clothes kind of rain. And there were some pretty good hills for us flatlanders.
- I saw Oz Runner before the race (check out his blog for photos, you can see how rainy it was),
- Oz got a PR, and his house was along the race course so I got to see his lovely wife and adorable little boys, out cheering everyone on in the rain, how awesome are they?!
- Around mile 2.5 I started getting major stomach pains, not intestinal issues, more like burning cramps, not cool, I wanted to stop it hurt so badly
- I could feel myself fading through what I assumed was the last mile, I was feeling tired and breathless, but I kept pushing, and even still didn't go as fast as I would have liked, motivation to work harder and get faster
- I received an actual hammer for my trophy, AWESOME!
That's about it. Since it was raining so hard Ed came with but stayed in the car, no need for him to get drenched. I just appreciated him coming with and he was so proud of me getting first in my age group. This was a good race and I hope they do it again next year, where I will get yet another PR.
I told Ed on the way home (actually on our way to our fave bakery where we go every saturday morning and to get some hot mochas) that my next 5K goal is going to be getting down into the 22 minute range. My goal for today was to race anywhere in the 24 minute range, and I did. So I'm pleased.