1. I only like hot dogs if they are consumed in Chicago or at baseball games. Gene and Jude's in Chi-Town had the tastiest hot dog I have ever had. Hands down.
2. Local Chicago breweries are fun, informational, and have incredible tasting beer. Just YUM. And are even more fun with cousins!
3. Volunteering at a marathon is just plain incredible. It was a great experience. Plus I almost peed my pants when I saw the elites, it was verging on ridiculous how excited I got.
4. Being the first 'team' at your aid station to finish setting up your gatorade table is easy work for these cousins. We won t-shirts for it. Yeah, we are just that good. And there had to be at least 25 tables at our aid station.5. Matching is fun. Especially when it's with Chicago Marathon volunteer gear (and winning t-shirts) even if the matching jackets look like we are American Airlines workers.
6. Apparently my sub-conscious does not like heights. Because when stepping out onto the Sears (Willis, whatever) tower ledge I wouldn't let go of the wall, even though I wasn't really scared to do it. I am ridiculous. But I clearly made it out there regardless.
7. I love Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park and basically all things downtown Chicago. I could camp out there for weeks on end, maybe under a bridge somewhere, and be happy
8. I really, really want to run the Chicago Marathon in 2010, I guess we'll just have to see about that one.
9. Running along Michigan Lake was one of the best runs I have ever had in my life ever, ever.
10. I love my cousins, especially when Brian walks sweetly down the street with Edder, precious.