I'm getting to this about a month after the fact, but Mel at Tall Mom tagged me for this ME-ME. The rules are to link back to the presenter, share 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know that are true, and then pass it on and notify the people you pass the award on to!!
10 things about Me:
1. I used to be a vegetarian, in fact I grew up in a Veg home, even though my mom never forced being Veg on us (but she did sure instill into us not eating junk, which i soooo appreciate now that i'm 30 and will totally pass that on to my children) in college I just decided I wanted to be. Then I met Ed. And we had dinner at the Outback one night, and I saw his steak, he offered a taste. I then proceeded to steal his steak from him, gobble it up and have been loving me some beef and BBQ ever since! I'm a good Kansan.
2. I am what I like to call "particular," others probably call this picky. I'm very particular about how my food is prepared, what I eat, how I look, my clothes, my house, my laundry, and germs, but I don't expect others to be this way.
3. I was homeschooled. People never guess when meeting me that I was homeschooled... I take this a huge compliment. The reason my sister didn't know who Ted Nugent was, is basically because we were homeschooled, the Nuge doesn't really fit the homeschooler 'mold.'
4. I almost went to law school, I actually met Ed at a law school open house at Washburn University where I didn't realize he also went to WSU (the undergrad we both graduated from) and we happened to be in the same class at WSU... and apparently he knew who I was, so I was the a-hole. I saw how passionate Ed was about law, realized I couldn't compete with him and his brilliance and decided to get a masters degree instead. I made the right choice. Ed puts nearly every lawyer out there to shame.
5. I have an enourmous crush on Alec Baldwin and his character on 30 Rock. I've never had a celebrity obsession before, EVER, not even as a kid. But dang it if I don't heart me some Alec Baldwin, I want to squeeze his face.
6. I am naturally blonde, I don't dye or color my hair. Ed calls me the super-aryian (oh lord i hope those last two words don't bring the crazies out on my blog). Oh but I do dye my eyebrows, beacuse if I don't, I look like i'm 10 years old.
7. I have played piano since I was 12, I was offered a nearly full ride scholarship to a local University to major in Piano, but I just didn't want to do it, so now I'm up to my eyeballs in student loan debt, but sticking to my guns, I made the right decision.
8. I was never a fan of dogs until I started running and decided I needed a running buddy. Ed found my delicous Milo-Miles at the Humane Society, I hated him the first week we had him, now I treat that dog like a mother treats her 2-year-old! Yes I'm one of THOSE dog owners. And yes I put antlers on him at Christmas (Ashley that was for you).
9. I have three siblings (two sisters and a brother). I can't imagine having four kids, mad props mom how you did it is beyond me, but I also can't imagine not having all the fun we had growing up together.
10. This is the doozy, the one that's one of those things you don't really admit to people outside of your house. Here goes. I like popping zits and clipping toenails (others, not mine). Gross, but ohhhh so satisfying!
Passing this Award to fellow Kansans (as is my ME-ME norm):
Kristen the Running Lawyer
Ashley (she was born Kansan)
Meggers (also born Kansan)