Thursday, April 16, 2009

best part of my day...

There are several, so in no particular order, drumroll pleeeaasse:

1) The fact that it is sunny and warm for the third day in a row. GET OUT! Awesome.

2) My sister Kris, who is a certified athletic trainer (although that isn't her career) has been walking me through this calf thing and been a life saver. I am so grateful for both my sisters.

3) My calf is tight in the morning, but is loosening up during the day. I'm hopeful and convinced I will run the marathon, despite the lack of training (which I woke up at 3a this morning in a panic over, thinking I should drop out). I have lots of people pulling for and praying for me about his issue, feel free to join in on that!

4) Just found out U2 is coming to OKC in October and managed to get a group of people together to buy tickets tomorrow for a trip to the concert. GET OUT! Awesome. (yes i know i've used this expression already).

5) Mel at Tall Mom on the Run has a FUN and pretty giveaway going on, so goes and checks its outs.

6) I go to an amazing PT tomorrow who specilizes in runners. They shoved some things around just to get me in. I am amazed and so thankful for this. Stay tuned on the calf issue.

19 comments:

J said...

Good luck with the calf! Glad you are feeling better!

californiameaghan said...

soooo jeremy and i will be in wichita may 20-23. wanna hang out?

RunToTheFinish said...

oh the specialized PT is soooo friggin nice! they get that you want to run and really help!!

glad to hear the nutrition challenge is helping! I can totally tell as I've leaned in to more fruits and veggies that I feel better

Marlene said...

Those all sound like great things to be excited about!

IzzyBubbles said...

Yes, I can get completely WASTED at this year's wine tasting because it's at my house!! I say we wear our pretty running gear and our medals and annoy the sniz out of our husbands by talking about running all night.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

hoping the calf cooperates for your marathon... definitely got my fingers crossed for ya ;)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hope you feel better. Thanks for the comments and the props on your page :)

Aron said...

hope the calf continues to get better!!!

you got a 20 miler done, you can DO this marathon!!!!

Ashley said...

LOTS of great things about today - woot! I so hope the PT helps you. I'm sending you Ashley-vibes, which are much cooler that just regular positive vibes. ;)

Unknown said...

What is your favorit drink?

Denise said...

Oh, I hope the calf is ok for the marathon! *fingers crossed*

thankfully I haven't had to see a PT yet. Hope I never do!

joyRuN said...

Sorry to hear about your calf!

Here's what worked for me - self massage/rolling when I can, religious stretching after warming it up & I also have a Strassburg sock that I wear at night on my left leg.

As for my footstrike - I aggravated my calf when I was trying to land on my forefoot. It was too much too soon, & my calves weren't ready. So I'm going back to my regular heelstrike (though trying to make it more of a midfoot strike) until after my marathon.

Hope that helps!

The Gibsons said...

1. calf is on the prayer list, along with weather conditions, stamina and general marathon-ish type of stuff.

2. hope PT goes well--isn't it great to have all sorts of amazing people in your life? i know i'm thankful for them, especially the ones getting ready to run marathons (hint, hint)

3. U2?? sooooo jealous! the chicago date sold out so superfast, not that i can afford it anyway, but seriously......wow, it sound fantastic.

4. enjoy the weather....maybe i'll get out and take some pretty pictures of the tulips and daffodils that are just now starting to bloom up here!

teacherwoman said...

Glad the calf is feeling better!

Lora Abernathy said...

Hope you're better come race day! I know how upsetting something like this can be.

U2 is awesome and that's cool you'll get to go.

Thanks for the well-wishes about my tri Saturday over on my blog, BTW.

Irish Cream said...

Those are indeed some wonderful things. It was FINALLY semi-warm here today, and I was loving it! Good luck with the calf issue--I really hope the PT helps!

Unknown said...

best wishes with the PT!

X-Country2 said...

One of my friends is a PT, and I love having her to give me such personal attention.

aNd! said...

You can definately do this marathon so don't drop out! Just enjoy it! Also, yes I lived in Kansas 20+ years of my life growing up in a few different places including Wichita. I am a Shocker alum!