Saturday, February 14, 2009

a 14 mile heart-fest...

Emily and I ran 14 this morning, how sweet is it that we ran 14 on the fourteenth, and it happened to be valentines day? It was like a heart-fest..... and by heart-fest I really mean it was a let's get this motha' finished because it's still 25 degrees and we've been running for two hours-fest. Overall it was a really good run. It was only 20 degrees when we started, but the wind was barely present (in Kansas terms anyway) and it was sunny and clear.

If it hadn't been sunny that run likely would have been unbearable. The only complaint I had was that my legs started to ache around mile eight. My poor little chicken legs can't handle the cold so well, they just get so tight which is really frustrating. Other than that, it was a great run on a new route which we now heart.

To keep us distracted we played 20 questions, it kept us entertained the first four miles or so. But I lost, I couldn't figure out Norah Jones... seriously NORAH JONES, not a hard one to figure out, clearly my mind wasn't so sharp, how embarrassing! After the run I had a lightning speed round of stretching and using the foam roller then rushed to get coffee with Ed (it's a Saturday morning tradition for us) at a local coffee shop. I had just enough time for a quick shower--which solved my achy leg problem--and headed off to teach for the afternoon. I had sympathy on my students and let them out early today under the stipulation they "shoot their footage," but really it just allowed me to come home and lay on the couch.... so devious, yet so brilliant.

As for more acknowledgement of today's holiday, Ed and I celebrated valentines day Thursday night since we loathe going out on valentines. He is out getting steaks and a bottle of wine now. Really for us, there is no better way to celebrate than filet's and wine at home! For now though, it's time for a nap, I gotta rest up for my BEEF!

4 comments:

Denise said...

20 questions! That's a great idea for passing some time on the long runs.

Aron said...

great job on the cold 14 miler!! love your games to pass the time :)

Oz Runner said...

great job on the long run!

californiameaghan said...

BEEEEEEEEF!