Saturday, April 11, 2009

race report with predatory rabbits...

I ran the Easter Sun Run 10K this morning, and although I'm sure it's highly inappropriate, I also ran the 2-mile race with Ed, but I ducked out of the race before the finish line, I was in it to spend some time with Ed and support him! He went and polished off two miles like a champ, especially after not running for nearly two months. That would be a total of 8 miles for me today. I didn't get my predatory rabbit, but I did get my second fastest 10K time. My Garmin said 6.30 miles at 52:47. The race clock said 52:59--boo.

I have pictures to post, but wanted to get this out there until I have a chance to load my pictures and pilfer Liz's pictures as well. Liz, Kristen the running lawyer and I all met to run the 10K. The two-miler wasn't until 10:15a so Ed showed up later. We started the race and I was fully expecting to have a nice easy run, at a typical 6 mile pace, around 55 or 56 minutes. Then we took off and I was feeling good, Liz and I stayed together until about the 6K mark and that's when my legs were all... hey, I heart you, thanks for doing the elliptical for the past 10 days, now lets kick some ass. Duly noted legs. So the second half of the race for me was quite a bit faster. I also have my Garmin splits, but again, I'll post those soon. Just wanted to give a short report.

In other news, both Liz and Kristen hit predatory rabbits as did my cousin Rachel who ran her second marathon today, at the Illinois Marathon. She beat her last marathon time by 10 minutes! AWESOME. Since she doesn't have a blog I am going to force her to send me pictures so I can post them (DO YOU HEAR THAT GIBSON?) It was a good race day overall. Pics and Garmin splits will be added soon. I promise. I am a little miffed at myself I didn't get all 12 miles in, so it looks like I'll be running 12 tomorrow instead.

10 comments:

Kristi (sweet cheeks) said...

Good job!! That is a great race time!

Mannn, we must have never crossed paths, darn! Maybe at another race. :)

RunningLaur said...

It took me a while on the predatory rabbit thing, but that's bc I'm sleepy - it's cute. Congrats on the good race, and for keeping a friend company too!

RunToTheFinish said...

way to go!! can't wait to see the race pix... and I too was slow on the PR pick up

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sweet job on the run, and great of you to keep your friend company :) Looking forward to the pics, and congrats to your cousin

Marlene said...

It took me that entire post to figure out what you mean by "predatory rabbits." LOL!

Congrats on a great 10K!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the run!!

Oz Runner said...

great time on the race, i don't think I could run a 10K that fast....it was a great day weather wise to run...

The Gibsons said...

i hear ya....i swear! (it's all your fault for napping while i was out there running, hahaha!)

thanks for the props...i'll send the fabulous post-race photo op shortly (none of us across the finish line since me and the pops were the only ones there)

and AWESOME on the 10k--holy jeez, amazing!!! running is fantastic. crazy, grueling and completely addictive.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hope your 12 miles went well. Cant wait to see the pictures..

Mel

Aron said...

great job on the 10k!!!