1. The ski week started with dinner out in WP during a slight snow storm, just a tiny one. We had some KILLER pizza and delicious beer. We went on our annual ski trip with my cousin Brian and his wife Rachel this year! It didn't disappoint! And here is a little known FWR fact. I'm a bit of a clepto when it comes to beer mugs, as is SOMEONE else. We have an ever growing collection of mugs from going out together. I love mug (it's okay, we know a lawyer... or 80, i think we'll be okay).
2. The ski week started out fantastically, even if it was blizzard conditions on the mountain on day one with the wind literally blowing so hard it could almost stop you while going downhill, but meh. It was fantastic nonetheless.
3. My dog Milo needs to grow a pair. We took our dogs to WP with us, they are both wonderfully behaved dogs and can be trusted in a condo by themselves for hours on end, it's true. However, I'm pretty sure Brian and Rachel's dog Ally would beat Milo down without fail ever single night. Milo needed to 'man up,' but he never did. So embarrassing. But the dogs sure were precious playing in the snow together.these pics are courtesy of rachel, the second one sure is milo, he loves him some snow running
4. All I can say is that this style photo is taken every time we are together, I'll just let you come to your own conclusion on our catch phrase for it.... all I know is that it. is. awesome.
5. The views are pretty priceless.
6. Beer, yeah hold on here, I sure am gonna write this.... is even better after a hard day of skiing.
7. Crappy chilli with some cheese and Fritos thrown in, along with a semi-decent mocha are oh so much better at 8,000 feet.
9. Note to self, you may be able to spin your face off, yoga a decent amount and run a few miles at a pop, but day three of skiing will kick your ass. Duly noted. Also, you might want to stay of the blocked off competition downhill/slalom run (pictured below)....coughahem.... not that I ended up on it 'by accident' or anything....
8. You can make a drinking game out of just about anything. Seriously. And we sure did. SOMEONE came up with the idea to play a drinking game (with delicious home brews thanks to my cousins, see below we may have made a dent in those) to the movie Anchorman, where we had to drink every time they said Ron Burgandy, Ron or Burgandy. Fair warning fellow drinking game players.... by 30 minutes into the movie, hold on, because you will be well on your way to being hammered drunk. They have GOT to say that name at least 50 times during the first 30 minutes alone! We changed the rules to only drinking to the FULL name... but still... wow.
10. Even though we take the exact same snow ski vacation every single year? It never gets old.