Saturday, November 1, 2008

sceerdie cat....

I'm released to run. Free and clear, good to go, I can start anytime now. But did I run today? No, I didn't. On one hand I wanted to, watching other runner's this morning made me eager to get back out there. On the other hand I'm terrified to run again. I'm worried if I take those first few running steps I'm either not going to be able to stop at 1/4 of a mile, or I will take off and not want to stop, or go too fast and re-injure myself.

Tomorrow I do plan to actually run though. I have to give it a shot. The plan is to go the little 2-mile route down my street, staying close to home and not giving me much room to just jet off. Plus, I plan to force Ed to tag along, because he will keep a close watch on how far I actually run, he knows me well. Of course it could be that I'm thinking highly of myself, and I try that 1/4 mile, feel like dying because I'm horribly out of running shape, and fall to the ground in misery....

I'll keep you posted. Tomorrow marks day one of starting to re-train for my first marathon. Appropriately, I got my new Runner's World Training log in the mail today with my magazine. Coincidence? I think not.


No comments: