Tuesday, November 25, 2008

wichita's 33rd annual turkey trot...

Well I'm pleased to say I was able to do one of the six fall races I had lined up before my stress fracture, and while I didn't break any records and had to walk for the first time ever in a race, I finished it.


I ran the two-mile Turkey Trot with Jessica, Katie, Liz and Ed this past Saturday! This is a really historic race in Wichita, this was the 33rd year! It's older than me! Plus, this was Ed's first running race, he has done a few road bike races, but decided to give running a shot and he really enjoyed it!


Emily and Kristen did the 10-mile and after the races were over we all headed over to a local breakfast spot to inhale breakfast at noon, it was spectacularly delightful.

I think it's safe to say I'm back to running, and it feels great. Ed and I even went for another 2-mile run on Sunday morning. My foot has been tender since then, but I think it's to be expected, it will eventually stop being sore after I run.

The Fair Weather Runners are back on track and with new additions, it's going to be a great spring full of races and friends.


No comments: