Wednesday, February 25, 2009

mid-training motivation...

Ed found an article during his ritual early morning news scour this morning and emailed me the link. I found it highly motivational and simply wanted to share it.

It's a story in the New York Times about a 44-year-old who runs Pike's Peak in three hours, and runs the mountains almost daily. Incredible motivation, in my opinion, for all of us out there training for those 'fulls' this spring:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/sports/othersports/24runner.html?_r=1&em

4 comments:

IzzyBubbles said...

Ugh. How is it that this guy can do this, and I can't even train for one stinking marathon without completely falling apart?

Oz Runner said...

wow, great story, thanks for sharing...love his quote "go out hard, when it hurts, speed up"....I think mine would be "go out slow, go slower, and finally, slow down"

The Gibsons said...

is it bad that it just makes me want to say "hmmm, since i'm not crazy enough to do that, i think i'll just skip my core training exercises and sit on the couch all night enjoying an entire bag of milanos..."

...not that i actually did that last night, err, or anything...

californiameaghan said...

one of the former fatties on biggest loser started running marathons with his wife. im still daunted by the 10k. i did get new running shoes which make my feet fly! :D