Friday, December 18, 2009

best part of my day.

Hands down had to be the huge box of Omaha Steaks sitting on my front porch when I got home from work tonight. Merry Christmas from the in-laws! I haven't been in the Christmas spirit very much this year. LAME. I know. I'm a huge Christmas fail this year. Although, now that I have a freezer full of beef, I'm pretty sure I am now ready to join the ranks of fellow Christmas spiriters. It's like a shiny Christmas elf covered in rhinestones and syrup, that box of beef.

Also, today was my office Christmas party. We had secret santa all week, and the stuff I was getting all week? Yeah, well it's the best secret santa experience I've ever had. We all opened our last gift today after lunch and the santa's revealed themselves. My secret santa ended up being my boss! He did a stellar job! In fact I'm enjoying my last gift right now, a deliciously cozy, soft and fuzzy K-State hoodie, DELIGHTFUL. It makes me realize that despite any frustrations at work, I love what I do, and my bosses (who are all amazing) and co-workers, and I'm really happy with my job. It made a not so great week really, really good.

In other news I am 100% back into 'get in shape' mode. I've been consistently going to the gym, amping up to start running again in January. I think I'm going to be ready. I better be since there is a little Kansas-blahggie-race-show-down happening in Kansas City January 31! It will be my first race since August (which i can hardly believe). I can't go and embarrass myself. So IT. IS. ON. I'm just excited I can finally join my fellow Kansas blahggie buddies IN a race. EIEEIEIAIAI! YAY for 2010.

7 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Omaha steaks, yummm....

Mark said...

you should grind up a few of those steaks and make some premium sausage. we all know how much the FWR loooooves sausage...

tiffany said...

beks - that fuzzy hoodie would be much cozier if it didn't have that wildcat on it. just sayin'...

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

YIPpee I bet you are itching to RACE. That is an awesome gift from your boss, LUCKY!!

Irene said...

Steak. Yum. I could never be vegan.

X-Country2 said...

We Omahan can certainly do steak. Enjoy!

J said...

I wish they did secret santa at my work but there are too many people and no one has time to organize it : (
glad you got some great gifts! Enjoy the holidays!