Thursday, July 1, 2010

drink my kool-aid.

Hey if I can convince a few lawyers to drink my kool-aid, you KNOW it must be good. I'm on the Twitters interwebs. I have been for awhile, but decided I would really like to connect with all the rest of the blahggies out there in twitterverse. However, the fact of the matter is I'm not clever enough to find all of you, so help me out here. Follow me so I can stalk you. Please.

Love your future twitter stalker XOXOXO,
@FairWxRunner

On a brief and different note: I'm getting ready to go on vacation, but after that posts about training for Chicago shall begin, can't wait can you? I have lots of thoughts on going through marathon training cycle No. 4 for marathon No. 2.7 (confusing). I've learned a lot and have a somewhat different approach this time. I'll probably also note along the way what went wrong in OKC this year, what I'm changing and what works for me (we are all different!). I think I've got it all narrowed down and figured out, but we'll see for sure on 10.10.10. In the meantime, these are a few brief thoughts on OKC and will give you an idea of what I'm changing:

1) i didn't run enough times or miles per week for any marathon training i've ever done

2) i have a decent base this time around, something i never had before (bad idea) since i was always coming off of a stupid injury

3) i'm going to train at a pace that i believe is best suited for me, for example running my long runs faster. i know some people say it doesn't matter how fast you train on your long runs, but i don't believe that is the case for me, i think that was a huge contributing factor to my downfall in OKC this year

4) i am ready for the pain and agony of training for chicago, where i don't think i was before. what i'm saying is i'm ready to work my ass off for this sucker, like i never have before. because if chicago doesn't go well? i'm out on mararthons, i'll concede to the distance and acknowledge and accept they aren't for me.

Bring. It. On. More to come on all of that business at a later date.

For now, happy July 4th, go blow stuff up in honor of our Country. I know I will be... well along with water skiing, hanging with the fam, training on some massive Ozark hills, eating too much and sleeping as much as I want. I heart vacation.

10 comments:

abbi said...

Happy 4th! Have a great vacation!

Indi said...

I know you'll do great come 10.10.10 with all the changes in training and attitude this time around..even if I'm not there to be athletic supporter!!
Happy 4th and eat, drink and swim peacefully to your hearts content!! love ya

Anonymous said...

Vacations are love <3

Mark said...

That's right. Just rub it in. You and your fancy little vacation. That's alright, I'll enjoy my one extra day off next week and do some exciting parental activities. Like being lazy for a massive 2 hour stretch or something.

I think your new marathon outlook is going to work out well for you. I need to head the same direction for my next one. But I'm not willing to give up just yet if it doesn't go well. I'll need to go through hell a few more times before I get to that point :)

Aron said...

YAY twitter!!! :) i was very excited to see you were on there that one day.

bring on the chicago training!! you are going to rock it girl.

Irene said...

I have a Twitter account, but I'm bad about keeping up on it. I'll look for you there. ;)

misszippy said...

I'm like Irene..have an account but don't use it!

You sound ready for the marathon--should bring the desired results!

Questionably Texan said...

I'm definitely not cool enough for twitter. Maybe one day, but let's be honest, probably not. I'm *this" close to deleting my facebook account (since I've already hidden the vast majority of my "friends" and their boring updates), and I don't think I can handle another social media infiltration into my life.

Looking forward to reading about your training. Enjoy the lake.

Lacy said...

You, me, and the prez are on the twitters.
Have fun running those hills. You won't whine once when you get back to our hills!

rUntoNamAste said...

Yay welcome to Twitter - the thing I haven't used in ages but just did to add you :) And, I didn't know you were running Chicago. Takes a while for me to get interweb updates under this rock but anyways, ME TOO! Good luck with training :)