Thursday, May 31, 2012

two days to hospital hill.

Maybe it was driving home in the pelting hail. Ducking every time a chunk hit my car. Cringing and hoping my windshield didn't shatter. Or the fact that I feel like everyday things just seem to go wrong this past week. Whatever it was, I was a ball of jitters last night. It's been one of those weeks, for the past two weeks, the kind where it seems whatever I touch turns to a steaming pile of poo.

It's little things, nothing major. Just little frustrations with things not working, things going wrong, you name it, unexpected frustrations. Whatever it was, last night I was feeling some old school race jitters. The kind I had before. When I myself was a ball of anxiety, nerves and depression. When every race got in my head and made me a wreck. Not fun.

Thankfully I woke up this morning feeling much better and more calm. Back to my (now) normal self, ready to tackle the half on Saturday. I'm excited to give this race a shot! I think it will be fun, not fast for me, but fun. My legs have been a little grumpy this week, but I've been foam rolling and sticking and yogaing daily this week. This morning my legs felt amazing. And itchy. Ready to run, without a doubt.

So that's that. I'm not gonna list out my workouts last week. I managed some yoga, some easy runs and a hill run while at the lake last weekend. The next hospital hill report I write will be about the race itself!

8 comments:

abbi said...

Hope the remainder of the week goes well. Good luck this weekend!

Heather @ Running with Heather said...

I'm sure you will do great. I hope you have an amazing race this weekend!

Mark said...

Well it looks like we're going to have decent weather on Saturday. So I hope your legs are ready to go. Those jitters should go away about 2 seconds after the race starts!

J said...

Good luck this weekend. Here's hoping you wake up with your legs feeling great and have an awesome race!

Marlene said...

Glad you're feeling a little better - run it out this weekend! Leave all the anxiety on the road. Have fun. :)

Carolina John said...

Good luck this weekend! Go knock 'em dead.

Jill said...

Glad you're feeling back to normal...have a great race this weekend! :)

Robyn said...

with a name like 'hospital hill' no wonder there are jitters-hope it went well