Friday, May 8, 2009

the joyery...

Well I didn't get around to posting the pictures as promised. Our evenings have exploded with busy-ness lately. With Ed working until 8p every night, I've been trying to get caught up and get things taken care of and planned for our super busy summer and fall. I'm a notorious planner and organizer, to a fault... an annoying fault to Ed I'm sure.

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for commenting such encouraging things to me. Sometimes this blog frustrates me for many reasons, but since the marathon, it has been a total source of encouragement, serving to uplift me each and every day. Thanks Interwebs, you have no idea how much your encouragement has lifted my spirits the past few days.

I'm still working on photos (i am a photoshopper so i go through all my photos before posting, nothing but the best for you guys) and just wanted to say hang on, they are coming and will be well worth it! Promise.

I am also excited to announce that Ed is doing the Bike Across Kansas (BAK) in one short month. The event starts at the Colorado border and ends in Kansas City, and lasts for eight days. I am so excited for him and eager for him to get to achieve one of his big goals this year as well. I'm putting all my measly little races on the back burner and trying to help Ed focus on healthy eating and encouraging him during his cycle training right now.

I'm even going to try and get out there and ride with him a few times during his training, but with my little hybrid Schwinn I won't be able to keep up for long. I am just happy I get to return the favor to him of being supportive during training for a huge event. I'll be posting on this more, even though Ed has a blog, he isn't big at tooting his own horn or writing about some of his physical pursuits... instead I get to do it for him!

Run to the Finish suggested I might also have a case of the post-marathon blues. She is probably right. But I've been much better the past two days and think I've come out on top after being in the dumps. I'm taking her cue and am going to post what I am thankful for (thanks for the idea Run to Finish!)

Fair Weather Runner's Joyery:
  • I am thankful for such an amazing support system on this blog
  • I am thankful and stunned that my 'followers' have all of the sudden taken a jump in the past few days, WELCOME, I'm so honored you are interested in my little life!!
  • I am thankful for a patient, loving, understanding and amazing husband, I could devote an entire post to how awesome Ed is, maybe I will
  • I am thankful that my PT told me this morning I can start running again next week
  • I am thankful for the opportunity to cheer on and support all my girlfriends at the RiverRun 10K tomorrow
  • I am thankful for my job and that WSU has asked me to continue teaching this summer and fall
  • I am thankful for all of my amazing friends, especially Kristen the Running Lawyer and my cousin Rachel who have been super supportive listeners during my post-marathon blues stint
  • I am thankful for the chance to run a half marathon on trails in June
  • I am thankful for my health, and instead of worrying about impending health issues, I'm choosing to focus on the perfect health I currently have, life is too short
  • I am thankful for being 30 and this amazing year I have had so far, and all the exciting things still to come.

Like I said I aim for honesty on my blog, and like many commented, sometimes you just have to get it out there. It clearly helped because the next day after posting the poopery, my mood has improved. So thank you. I promise this weekend it will be picture-palooza! And I'm working on a new masthead! Fun to come.

Last but not least, good luck to all the racers this weekend. My friend Indika is coming from Kansas City today to run her FIRST EVER 10K tomorrow at the River Run along with Kristen the Running Lawyer and many of my blahg-free running buddies. I know Oz Runner is doing the 10K tomorrow as well, after having a root canal yesterday, that is tough on a stick my friends! GOOD LUCK everyone!!

15 comments:

Marlene said...

So glad to see you feeling more joyful today! :)

Have a great weekend.

Irish Cream said...

YAY, I'm so happy you're feeling better today! Maybe it WAS the milanos? Ha. Also, that is super exciting about Ed's bike trip--how cool! Go Ed!

Oz Runner said...

joyery, poopery, interwebs? I love your creative made-up words...

man my tooth is feeling so much better after that root canal yesterday...i recommend for everyone to get a root canal...seriously, but not really...

not expecting much from the river run since i haven't run much lately...but since i've never done a 10K before, it will be a PR, so i've got that to look forward to...

that's cool ed's going BAK...eight days of riding, now that's hard core....

i will be out of town the weekend of the el dorado half...

The Gibsons said...

ummm...i have to say ONE thing. (besides hey, listening is what i'm here for...and heaven knows i dish it ALL back and then some!) but the ONE thing is:

june 13. is my only free saturday all summer. do you know how insanely tempted i am?? i mean...really. any race with rock chalk in the title is obviously meant for a KU alum...right?

Ace said...

Yeah running again! Rock on!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Can't wait to see the photos...LOVE YOU BLOG and will always comment..

Those are great things to be thankful for.

Seems that poopy moods and gratitude after are going around, a Bloggy epidemic.

have a great weekend.

RunningLaur said...

Can't wait to see the photos and what you do with the blog.

Good to hear that you've got some joy - RttF's greatful list everyday is an inspiration.

Rookie on the Run said...

Yay!! You are out of the poopery! Some days are just like that. :P

I'm happy for you that you'll be allowed to run again next week! Have fun working on the race... I'm sure your cheering will make lots of people happy & motivated!

X-Country2 said...

I'm late to the party, but GREAT race pics. You looked strong and joyful. :o)

Great list of joyery too. I should do that more.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

happy to see you in joyery rather than poopery - love the words btw :) Looking forward to the pics, have a great weekend!

californiameaghan said...

would you like to plan a night out on the town friday may 22? do you normally run in the mornings or after work? if you can put up with my slow sweaty pace ill join you some time while we are there. will krissy be there too?

Unknown said...

Hello,

This is Rose writing from www.huliq.com. I visited your blog and liked your content.

Would you be interested to send us a guest post on any of the issues related to the topics that you cover in your blog. We will publish it in our site www.huliq.com

In return with each guest blog we will give one link in the author's byline back to your blog. We only ask that the guest post ( we prefer it be a news coverage, sources can be Google News, CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo News, BBC and others) be a unique story and not be published in your blog.

HULIQ is indexed by Google News and Google requires that the length of the unique news is at least 5 paragraphs. We desire it to be at least 6 paragraphs if possible. And that all need to be a unique content. Once you send us a new story totally unique we will immediately publish it with you link in it, and within 15 minutes it should be indexed by Google News.

Also, please structure author byline as follows:

author's name:
author's e-mail:
author's blog url:

Please let me know if you may have any questions about www.huliq.com.

If you want to consult the topic with me first that's perfectly fine as well.

Many thanks
ruzik.mail@gmail.com

Lacy said...

OKay So, through clicks here and there I've landed here a few times.
I hear you about the post-marathon blues. I've found that setting another goal helps with the blahs.
Speaking of... I saw you post on frayed laces that you were interested in a TRI. Since we are both here in Wichita, you should consider the Salty Dog out in Hutch. It's very "first-timer" friendly. Only catch is it's nearly full already, so think about it.I'm signed up for my third attempt.
Major congrats on your first marathon!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hehehe...I am only now trying out ways to get free stuff. Basically you ask for it and hope that someone says yes. LOL. The company websites are a good way to find the right email address contact. This was a TOTAL fluke and I am AMAZED that they bit. A well-written email plea and some luck combined for a jackpot for me. I REALLY am thinking of buying the pink ribbon or ladybug, have not decided..

Unknown said...

glad your spirits are improving